Personal Values Workshop
When it's all yelling"hey, this is important!"how do you choose?
Or, if these dates don't fit ...
A Personal Values exercise with heart
When your values are clear and vibrant, decisions become easier. You understand what's bugging you faster. You feel what's authentic for you, and what does not fit. You start to make mindful tradeoffs, and feel less like a victim of outside forces.
I use this exercise with clients. It's also been available on my website for years, but users say it's more satisfying with a little coaching. So I want to try this in a group setting. It's an experiment. (Agile Coach Campers love to experiment!)
- Understand how having clear, personalised values reduces stress.
- Work individually to create your own groupings of important values-words.
- You'll start to find personalised labels that really touch your heart. This is where the magic happens. I'll coach a few people to demo how you an find deeply resonant labels that become helpful lifelong companions.
- You may or may not get to the end of the exercise - in either case, it can be good to let it rest and come back to it.
- You'll plan how to use what you produced. Typically, this work continues to reveal and refine itself as you use it.
Deborah Hartmann Preuss, PCC
Co-founder of Coaching Cocktails
Cosmic Smash Booking guide
Coaching for Impact + Joy at abiggergame.today
This may soon become a formal workshop, but for now, I really value your input to make it a great one!
Everyone who wants stress relief through making authentic choices and designing actions that really matter.
I've invited people who've expressed interest, but I'm not doing the usual newsletter invitation on this one. Feel free to invite your friends, though. All are welcome.
We've all been spun around for a couple of years now, with ever new "should"s on top of old "musts". It's easy to lose track of what's important when everything is urgent.
If nothing else, the pandemic has reminded us of the deep human need for Balance and Sustainable Pace. This exercise allows us to re-center and remember what makes us peaceful, joyful and satisfied. Which, in fact, is also what makes us good friends and role models that people seek out for collaboration.
This exercise is also available online, and you are free to share and use the pdf as you like, non-commercially - but it is important to the community to model responsible sharing! If in doubt, just ping me and we'll figure it out.
Please attribute the exercise to me:
Deborah Hartmann Preuss @deborahh
Below are some of the values I keep on my own office wall. I look forward to helping you find yours!